This map is showing 'Roman Actual named locations ' of type 'Roman City, Roman Town, Roman Villa, Roman Major Fort, Roman Station, Roman Port, Roman Bloomery' centered on Brewood in Staffordshire.
This map shows Roman roads shown in black derived from Ivan D Margary 'Roman Roads in Britain'
published in 1955. These maps are plotted as accurately as is possible from the books.
There are problems with mapping 50 years later as there have been significant road and town changes which
have hidden some of the original places mentioned in the texts.
The red roads are derived from Ivan D Margary 'Roman ways in the Weald' published in 1948.
Major Roman locations are shown as icons, please click the icon for the modern location and its Roman name.
This map shows the Roman Road course described by Ivan D Margary as 191 which goes from Pennocrucium(stretton) - Pendeford Hall(Pennocrucium(stretton) - Pendeford Hall).
191 - Pennocrucium(stretton) to Pendeford Hall (Pennocrucium(stretton) to Pendeford Hall)
Ivan D Margary Roman Road 191 starting near Brewood in Staffordshire ending near Coven in Staffordshire ....